Sunday 24 January 2016

Summer 2016 - Trip 1: Cape Chignecto

Mr. and I have already begun planning our trips for the summer! For those of you that don't know, my boyfriend went as my canoe partner for my Algonquin trip last summer; we went as friends, but  after 4 days in the wilderness we decided to become more than friends, and it's been amazing ever since.

Okay, enough cheesy romance, back to the point - hiking. We're planning to do the 50km loop at Cape Chignecto, it will be our first hiking only trip, as we have both only ever done canoe and portaging trips. We plan to hike every weekend starting in March to mentally and physically prepare. 

Right now, our plan is to stay in the cabins rather than the campsites (I'm still a little scared to camp with just 2 of us at the back country sites as opposed to 6 of us.)  So we plan to head into the park around noon, hike to the Arch Gulch cabin for our first night which is 8.5km, then onto Seal Cove for night two, which is about 23km and then hike out which will make our last day about 20km. 

We're in the process of planning out some meals, we don't want to go the route of freeze dried this year, but rather easy and filling meals that we can make with little to no gear and doesn't weigh us down. 

I've been googling photos of this route and it looks absolutely breathtaking! I cannot wait! Once we iron out the details of food and gear, I will make another Cape Chignecto post.

(here)

(here)

Have you done this route? What are your favourite on the go meals?

No comments:

Post a Comment