Thursday 31 March 2016

Gear Guide: 46L Outdoor Products Arrowhead Technical Pack

This is the first pack I've ever owned. I got it on Amazon in the U.S. for fairly cheap, and have gotten two 4 day portage trips out of it so far. The fabric is thin and I have one little rip where my fork went through a pocket, but I've put a piece of Gorilla Tape over it and haven't had a problem since.

I think this is a great beginner bag, it cost me about $35.00 and it holds quite a bit. You can tell the quality of it isn't the greatest though, the orange fabric is quite thin, and the buckles feel pretty flimsy. I do love how many pockets there are on the outside, during those 4 day canoe trips, I would rarely have to open the large section of my pack as I could fit all the items I would need during the hikes and while we were out on the water in the front pockets. Sizewise, it suits my frame perfectly (I'm 5'7" and thin build) and would work on most sizes. I find 46L enough to hold everything I need for 3-5 days, with the exception of food and cooking items.

(here)

As I mentioned, I love the amount of pockets this pack has. That gray stripe closest to the writing on the top of the pack opens a huge pocket that allowed me to fit my glasses case, sunscreen, sunglasses, bug spray, chapstick, and so much more with tons of room to spare. As well, the gray stripe running down the center with the handle, has a zipper on the side that also provides you with tons of storage. There are also the two side pockets you can see. Inside, the pack does have a spot for a bladder and an opening to allow the tube to feed out and click onto your shoulder strap. 

The pack is quite comfortable on my back, and both buckles help distribute the weight across my hips and back to prevent any discomfort.


The boy ordered a new pack from MEC this winter, so once we've done our hiking trip I will be able to review and show that pack. What pack do you normally use?

No comments:

Post a Comment