Wednesday 20 April 2016

Gear Guide: Eureka Amari Pass 2 Tent

I picked this 2 man tent up from Sail last year before our Algonquin Park trip. It was on sale and I ended up paying about $130 for it. It's super light, pretty easy to set up and sleeps the boy and I fairly comfortably. Our sleeping pads were a little crammed but other than that sleeping wise it's great for 2 average sized people. I think our next tent will be a 3 person just for a little bit of extra space.


(here)

Specs: 
       Highest point: 3'8"
       Floor size: 4'10" x 6'10" x 4"
       Pack size: 5.5" x 17.5"
       Ideal for 3 seasons
       Weight: 4lb 9oz


I love that without the tarp it's completely screened, so when the bugs are bad you can just hangout in there to get a break while not being stuck inside a stuffy tent! I also like how you can store your packs and shoes in the zippered section in front of the door, although be forewarned it doesn't prevent wolf spiders from hanging out in your shoes (spoken from experience, yuck!)

What's your preferred backpacking tent?

No comments:

Post a Comment