Thursday 5 May 2016

Hiking Ottawa - Mer Bleue Bog #50/51

I have been slacking so hard lately, I'm sorry! A few weeks ago the boy and I went to check out the other side of Mer Bleue Bog. I definitely preferred our first trip, it could have been because it was somewhat gloomy out and the woods looked so ominous, but after about 4 km we were ready to pack it in as we were walking through marsh land and were soaked.


One of many trees full of feeders

The loop we did consisted of 50G, 51A-F and 50H, it was about 6.5 km of quite flat land that took us 50 minutes as we were taking our time. There were a ton of birds, which was my favourite part, we had bought wild bird seed to bring with us, but of course we forgot it on the kitchen table! At one point we had stopped to look at something and turned around to 6 chickadees sitting above our heads in a tree waiting for us to feed them, it was so cool!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment